ERR_RECIPE_CANNOT_CHECK_SCHEMA_CONSISTENCY_WITH_RECIPE_CONFIG: Cannot check schema consistency because of recipe configuration¶
DSS cannot check the schema consistency on this recipe’s output dataset, because this recipe’s configuration prevents the deterministic computation of the schema.
This error can happen when trying to run a schema check or propagate schema changes from a dataset.
The common causes for this error happening are:
- A Pivot recipe is configured to always recompute output schema
- The modality list of a Pivot recipe is not up-to-date, e.g. because the input dataset or the recipe settings were change
- A SparkSQL recipe is using global metastore mode, which disables validation and schema computation
- A Sync recipe is configured in “free output schema” mode, meaning that you set the schema of the output dataset and the recipe will perform name-based matching to fill the columns from the input dataset.
- For the Pivot recipe, you can disable the schema recomputation, and run it so that the output dataset is computed and its schema is up-to-date.
- For the SparkSQL recipe, you can either disable the global metastore if you don;t need it or run the recipe to compute the output dataset.
- For the Sync recipe, you can switch it to Strict schema mode to update the output schema (this will erase any customization that you made like column reordering), then put it back in free schema mode for customization.
In all cases, you can also manually (or programmatically using the Public API) set the schema on the output dataset.
Learn more about: