Exploring your data¶
Once you have defined a dataset, the first thing that DSS allows you to do is to view your data in the “Explore” component.
Explore shows you a sample of your dataset. It also provides:
- Quick descriptive statistics, either on the sample on the entirety of the data
- Meanings, i.e. rich types. See Schemas, storage types and meanings for more information
- An overview of all columns
- The ability to sort and filter the sample
- The ability to choose which columns are displayed
All these abilities are also available while doing visual preparation of your data.
For a step by step introduction to the exploration component of Data Science Studio, we recommend that you follow our Tutorial 101. This section will focus on advanced and reference topics related to the exploration component.
We also have a Data preparation quick start portal that will give you an overview of all our learning content related to exploration and visual data preparation.
- Sampling in Explore
- Sampling methods
- Sampling and partitioning
- Refresh of the sample