You can design and package your project as a reusable application with:
- customizable inputs (datasets, managed folders, project variables, …)
- pre-defined actions allowing you for example to build the results
- access to pre-defined results (datasets, file/folder downloads, dashboards, …)
Using a Dataiku application¶
A Dataiku application can be configured to allow instances to be created by any user. In this case any user will be able to access the application and create a new instance. If the Dataiku application is configured to allow instantiation only for users with execute permission the specific Execute app permission must be configured on the project containing the application.
Dataiku applications are listed in the main home page in a dedicated Applications section or from the applications menu.
From the application home page, you will:
- see the existing instances;
- be able to create a new instance;
- access one of the existing instance by clicking on the corresponding instance tile.
Developing a Dataiku application¶
Only users that are administrator of the project can contribute to the development of an application. But only users with the Develop plugins permission are allowed to configure project variable tiles with custom code.
To convert a project into a Dataiku application, click on Application designer from the project menu. A project can be converted either into a Dataiku application or into an Application-as-recipe. Once the project is converted, the project menu will open the Application designer directly.
The Application header panel allows to configure:
- the application image;
- the application title and description;
- which user can instantiate the application;
- the tags.
The Application features panel allows to toggle the display of some menu on the application instances. The impacted section are:
- Version control
The Included content panel allows to configure the additional data — from the original project containing the application — to include into the application instances.
Application instance home¶
The Application instance home panel allows you to configure the user interface of the application instances. It is possible to add many tiles in many sections.
You can find more information about the available tiles in Application tiles.
From the Advanced tab in an Application designer you can:
- convert a Dataiku application into an Application-as-recipe and vice versa
- map connection and code environment
- visualize the raw JSON manifest corresponding to the application (for advanced usage)