ERR_FSPROVIDER_HTTP_REQUEST_FAILED: HTTP request failed¶
DSS tried to perform an HTTP request which failed.
This error can happen:
- when trying to preview or use HTTP datasets
- when trying to run a download recipe with HTTP sources
This error indicates that a connection could be established, but that there was a subsequent issue with the HTTP request. The message of the error will contain additional information.
Some common reasons for a HTTP request failure are:
- The URL is incorrect
- There was an error on the HTTP server’s side
- There is a proxy preventing DSS from fetching that URL
- The URL is incorrectly labeled as HTTPS instead of HTTP or vice-versa
The first step for solving this issue is to go to the dataset’s or download recipe settings screen.
- Refer to the documentation on HTTP dataset and documentation on DSS and Hive in order to get additional information on HTTP sources in DSS.
- Make sure that the URLs are correct
- Try accessing these URLs in the browser
- Try accessing these URLs using the
curlcommand line from the DSS server
- Check if a proxy is between DSS and the HTTP server(s),
ask your DSS Administrator to review DSS’s proxy settings
(in Administration > Settings > Misc).
On the HTTP dataset’s (or Dowload recipe’s) settings, you can specify whether its URLs should be fetched through DSS’s globally-configured proxy (for external networks / Internet) or not (for internal network).