You might want to start with our detailed tutorial for your first steps with SQL databases in DSS.
You might want to start with that tutorial. The rest of this page is reference information for Vertica.
DSS supports the full range of features on Vertica:
- Reading and writing datasets
- Executing SQL recipes
- Performing visual recipes in-database
- Using live engine for charts
DSS is tested on Vertica 7.1 and 7.2
Installing the JDBC driver¶
The Vertica JDBC driver can be downloaded from the Vertica website.
- If your database version is 7.1 or below, you need the 7.1 driver
- Else, we recommend the latest driver
The driver is a single JAR file called
- Copy the JAR file to the
lib/jdbcdriver of DSS
- Restart DSS
Versions of the JDBC driver below 8.0 have some bugs related to timezones handling when reading “Timestamp (no timezone)” or “Date” kind of fields. Please use a more recent driver for full timezone support.