Installing the API node¶
The process of installing a DSS API node instance is very similar to a regular DSS installation.
Installing the API Node is only officially supported on Linux deployments, not on Mac OS X
To install an API node, you need:
- the installation tar.gz file (the regular DSS one)
- to make sure that you meet the installation Requirements.
- Root access is not strictly required, but you might need to install dependencies. If you want to start API Node at machine boot time, root access is required.
It is highly recommended to create a UNIX user dedicated to running the API node.
Only the base port of the DSS API node needs to be opened out of the machine.
Unpack the tar.gz in the location you have chosen for the installation directory.
cd SOMEDIR tar xzf /PATH/TO/dataiku-dss-VERSION.tar.gz # This creates installation directory SOMEDIR/dataiku-dss-VERSION
From the user account which will be used to run Data Science Studio, enter the following command:
dataiku-dss-VERSION/installer.sh -t api -d DATA_DIR -p PORT -l LICENSE_FILE
- DATA_DIR is the location of the data directory that you want to use. If the directory already exists, it must be empty.
- PORT is the base TCP port.
- LICENSE_FILE is your Data Science Studio license file.
Using the API node requires a specific DSS license. Please contact Dataiku for more information.
The installer automatically checks for any missing system dependencies. If any is missing, it will give you the command to run to install them with superuser privileges. After installation of dependencies is complete, you can start the Data Science Studio installer again, using the same command as above.
At the end of installation, DSS will give you the optional command to run with superuser privileges to configure automatic boot-time startup:
sudo -i INSTALL_DIR/scripts/install/install-boot.sh DATA_DIR USER_ACCOUNT