DSS supports HDP:
- 2.6.0, 2.6.4 and 188.8.131.52
- DSS does not support HDP 184.108.40.2060 and above subrevisions of 2.6.5
- DSS has not been tested on HDP 2.6.1, 2.6.2 and 2.6.3
HDP 3.X support¶
- When running DSS on HDP 3.X, the “Hive CLI” modes are not available for interaction with Hive. Only HiveServer2 mode is available. More details are available at DSS and Hive
- If adding HDP 3.X support to an already-configured DSS instance, you must add the following lines to all of your Spark configurations:
spark.sql.hive.metastore.jars = builtin spark.sql.hive.metastore.version = 1.2.1
See Spark configurations for more information on setting up Spark configurations
- Validation of Hive recipes with “UNION” or “UNION ALL” statements is not possible with HDP 3.X
HDP 3.1 support¶
- Because of a bug in Hive (https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-20568), the Hive dataset
- cannot be used when using HDP 3.1 if the Hive database name contains an underscore.
The JDBC driver of Hive will fail to properly consider that the table exists and DSS will consequently always complain that the dataset is not ready.
- Connecting to secure clusters is fully supported
- User Isolation Framework is supported with Ranger
DSS regular security and Ranger¶
When using DSS in regular security mode to connect to a secure cluster with Ranger, you need to add a Ranger HDFS rule, as described in DSS and Hive.